Cricket Coaching by Coaching Cricket Excellence
Cricket Coaching for children and adults? Coaching Cricket Excellence helps people of all ages play cricket from as young as 4 upwards - holiday cricket courses, Sunday morning cricket, individual cricket coaching, hardball nets, cricket for foreign students groups and 2 superb cricket academies – we offer those and much more. Wherever you live in and around London, Surrey and beyond Coaching Cricket Excellence can help you or your child become involved in cricket and we pride ourselves on welcoming cricketers from any club or school - our activities are open to all.
Coaching Cricket Excellence is run by ex-Middlesex and England Amateur XI allrounder Peter Wellings. Since 1998 Peter and the Coaching Cricket Excellence team have been dedicated to helping both children and adults experience the fun and enjoyment of playing cricket.
Coaching Cricket Excellence hold most of our UK cricket coaching sessions in west London and we currently have training courses running in Richmond, Ealing, Chiswick and Kew attracting children and adults from all over London. Coaching Cricket Excellence’s summer base is the beautiful Richmond Cricket Club in Old Deer Park. Coaching Cricket Excellence also provide cricket coaching in Surrey and other parts of England and Peter consults with several leading cricket clubs advising them how to improve their playing and coaching structures.
Coaching Cricket Excellence Head Coach Peter Wellings is also a member of the PCA (Professional Cricketers Association) through his time as a player with Middlesex CCC. Many of our coaches have played or are involved in professional cricket and we also have a strong link to England's Barmy Army Colts run by Level 3 coach Mark Stear who now coaches on a number of Coaching Cricket Excellence courses.
Peter and the Coaching Cricket Excellence team are also passionately committed to helping cricket develop in areas of the world that experience real hardship. We currently have projects running in India, Uganda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Rwanda, Afghanistan and the Caribbean.
Below are a number of key points outlining the core beliefs of the organisation.
Coaching Cricket Excellence exists to:
- Encourage all children, regardless of ability or experience, to become involved in cricket.
- Offer expert, enthusiastic coaching to help all participants enjoy their cricket and realise their potential.
- Enable those children with sufficient talent to receive the best cricket coaching available so that they can go on to represent their county or country at youth level and beyond.
- Promote the idea that everybody involved in the game has a part to play in the cricketing future of the country.
- Encourage active communication and links between schools, clubs, individuals and organisations to develop cricket.
- Help children get involved in physical activity to enjoy all the personal, social and health benefits that exercise provides.
- Assist cricket development in the Third World and areas where life is especially challenging.
- Help adult cricketers improve their standard of play through group and individual coaching.