Why Choose Coaching Cricket Excellence For Your Child’s Cricket Coaching?
- Coaching Cricket Excellence (CCE) is run by Peter Wellings, regarded as one of the leading junior cricket coaches in the UK. ‘Wello’ was Academy Director at Ealing CC when they became recognised as the top cricket club in Britain based on a policy of promoting the club’s own young players. His advice on how to develop young cricketers is sought by many organisations including county sides, amateur clubs, state sides in India and even cricketing groups in countries such as America, Sierra Leone and Romania.
- Coaching Cricket Excellence only employ coaches who actually play cricket. We do not use coaches who have passed a coaching badge but have never played the game.
- Our coaching teams are full of professional/ex-professional cricketers and premier league players. Every group on every one of our courses will be led by a player who has played professional cricket or plays premier league cricket.
- CCE have a fantastic track record in producing top quality young cricketers - for the past 6 years a different player from Wello’s academies has gone on to play senior county cricket in England.
- Very low children to coach ratios – maximum 1 coach to 8 children and often less.
- Complimentary individual tuition on all our courses – every child attending will have the opportunity to spend 1-1 time with a CCE coach regardless of their cricketing ability or experience.
- CCE courses encourage children to enjoy the fun of competition where they can give their all to win for their team within the spirit of the game.
- Wello is a passionate believer that cricket builds character and CCE’s entire coaching philosophy is based on old fashioned values of respect, sportsmanship and shaking hands with team mates, opponents and coaches regardless of the result.
Athletic development is a core focus on CCE courses providing children with skills that are transferable to other sports. Wello has designed a wide range of unique training drills to give children a far greater range of basic bio-motor skills such as agility, hand-eye coordination, balance, speed and effective movement. He now provides individual skill sessions on hand-eye coordination, catching, and balls skills to professional rugby players and athletes from all over the world.
Wello and the Coaching Cricket Excellence team have now coached in over 10 different countries ranging from India, America, Sierra Leone to France and South Africa. Wello speaks competent Hindi, Urdu, French and Afrikaans and often coaches in these languages when abroad or with foreign groups visiting the UK.
Our superb summer venue Richmond CC is one of the most spacious cricket grounds in London with room for hundreds of young cricketers. It benefits from having extensive on-site parking, a fully equipped bar open all day and a restaurant. The clubhouse has complimentary wireless internet connection and a drop in mother and baby facility.
Richmond CC is easily accessed by public transport with bus stops immediately outside the ground and Richmond Rail/Tube Station a 6 minute walk away. If necessary, CCE can arrange a coach to meet you/your child at the station to assist with getting to Richmond CC.
Coaching Cricket Excellence is committed to helping children who want to play cricket whether they are complete beginners or junior county players. For us cricket is a way of life – front and centre in our thoughts during the English summer. Cricket is such a fantastic sport for children to play especially with the influences of modern life. We hope your child chooses to train with us to experience all the joy that cricket can bring.
Director & Head Coach
Coaching Cricket Excellence